Arts Festival 2018 in Bragg Creek is the last week of September.
The art world hits the stage once again in Bragg Creek for the annual Arts Festival Sept 21-Sept 30, 2018.
This week long event celebrates and features world class artists from the Artists on Tour group, Arts in Bragg Creek group, an art walk of many other Bragg Creek artists and artisans, a Plein Air event, workshops in painting and stone carving, live music, entertainers. It’s an event that supports opportunities for the budding creative energy and satisfies the art admirer.
The Bragg Creek Arts Festival is a one of a kind art collaboration put on by Art Country Canada, Artists on Tour and Arts in Bragg Creek. The Art Festival includes the following programs:
- September 21-23 – Plein Air – Friday Sept 21 kicks off the event with the orientation party including fabulous food and wine. The exact painting location in the Bragg Creek area will be determined at orientation night. As well, supplies can be purchased on site as the Kensington Art Supply will be present. Tickets are pre-purchased through Angelo at Art Country Canada 403-949-4141 for $85/person. Artists are welcome to have their finished Plein Air painting displayed for viewing and sale at the arts show Sept 28-30.
- September 24-26 – Art Workshops – World renowned artists Brent Heighton, Jonn Einerssen, Neil Patterson and Vance Theoret will be providing instruction classes for painting and stone carving in the Bragg Creek area. They will help inspire creation of a spectacular masterpiece. Art workshop registration also provides free entry into the Plein Air Event. For registration, contact Angelo at Art Country Canada 403-949-4141 or artcountrycanada.com for more information.
- Friday September 28 will be a special evening. You will have first glance at the beautiful works of art for sale at the Bragg Creek Centre while listening to a selection of live music put on just for you. Cash bar & appetizers will be available.
- September 29-30 – Bragg Creek Arts Tour – The Bragg Creek Community Centre will feature world class artists from Artists on Tour and Arts in Bragg Creek and will feature live music. Start the art tour at the Bragg Creek Community Centre where you can pick up a map of all the art stops in and around the hamlet of Bragg Creek including the Snow Birds Chalet and other participating businesses.
This final weekend will be filled with a lineup of live music performed by the following talent: Sheldon Zandboer, Emmett Jerome, The Waltzing Matildas, Chris Sandvoss, Murray Rodgers, Rob Moss, Dan Perrot, Bryanna Cuthill, Jillian Hannah, Brandon Wood, Jordan Bollwerk, Dan Perrot, Tillman & Sabina Sandvoss, Emilie Delorme-Newsom, Evangeline Mably
For a detailed music line up schedule, including many of our own local Bragg Creek singers/musicians and Calgary area performers, visit our website. Enjoy light blues, jazz, folk, classical, piano and musical theatre all weekend.
Bragg Creek area artists wishing to participate are encouraged to contact Elizabeth at Suncatchers Design Studio @ Elizabeth@heartishome.com
For more detailed information on these great arts events and workshops, please visit the art group websites below.
- Arts in Bragg Creek: https://artsinbraggcreek.ca
- Artists on Tour: https://www.artistsontour.ca
- Art Country Canada: http://www.artcountrycanada.com